Furness Insurance Services group of companies (FIS) – established 2003 – provide Specialty Solutions to the Insurance Industry:
BEING PART OF FURNESS TEAM
Our team is key to FIS’s existence and its mission. Continuous personal and professional development represent the core of Furness comprehensive Human Resources development program:
- ATTRACTING AND RETAINING THE BEST TALENTS IN THE INDUSTRY: We provide our team with the resources designed to help them succeed through a comprehensive talent program, comprised of performance management, career management, and professional development. In addition, our people receive regular feedback and coaching to improve their performance and their experience.
- CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: We continue to learn and develop as the needs of our business change. Whether a team member requires role-specific training, foundational skills training or leadership training, FIS offers internal technical training, access to the 16,000+ courses including, foreign language courses, tutoring and much more.
- REWARDING PERFORMANCE: In return for everything our they do for the business, we recognise individuals through our quarterly team and individual rewards program.
- LOOKING AFTER OUR HEALTH: The wellbeing of our team is paramount to us. For this reason, in addition to the private health insurance which they can opt-in to, we also provide free of charge mental health support services should they require it.
- BIRTHDAYS AND WORK ANNIVERSARIES: We celebrate the birthdays and the long-term work anniversaries of our team with gift vouchers which they can donate to a charity of their choice, should they wish to.
BEING AWARE, INVOLVED, SUPPORTIVE OF OUR COMMUNITY
At FIS we believe that those who can do more for others, should do more. FIS actively supports organizations that serve the less fortunate members of our communities by tackling basic needs like food, shelter, assistance. These challenges are complex, and no one company alone can solve them. So we work across sectors to create solutions with lasting impact.
CHARITIES: The charities that we have supported are in the areas of hunger relief and food security, safe housing for vulnerable children, COVID-19 relief:
● The Felix Project, that in 2020 delivered 21.1 million meals (London, UK)
● Banco Alimentare, that provides food to 7,448 frontline charitable entities (Milan, Italy)
● SOS Villaggio dei Bambini, that grants safe housing for vulnerable children (Saronno, Italy)
● Arpa Fund, that in 2020 supplied emergency equipment to the hospitals most hit by the Covid-19 pandemic (Italy)
WORKPLACE GIVING: We encourage our team members to contribute to the communities where they live and work. The company facilitates employee donations all year-round.
VOLUNTARY WORK: Our commitment to local communities is a key ingredient in the success of our corporate citizenship. In compliance with local lockdown restrictions, we encourage our team members to dedicate up to 16 hours of work time per year to volunteering in their local communities.